Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Planning Ahead

Thinking ahead




Happy hump day! I've always hated that phrase, I'm not sure why I just said it. Anyway, I'm having a happy day. I woke up to a new cross-body bag from the lovely girls at  Ladies in Navy. I'll be doing a shoot with it sometime this week to share with all of you. 

Okay, so today's subject is bittersweet. It's nearing the end of July which means we're getting into the home stretch. There's only a (GASP!) month of summer left. It's unfortunate, I know. However, it is bittersweet because I absolutely love fall. The cozy sweaters, football sundays and pumpkin spiced lattes are things I always get excited for as soon as the weather starts to cool. Now I know what you're thinking, how can you think about sweaters when it's a thousand degrees out. It's true that it's hard to think about a fall wardrobe when you're dripping with sweat from the humidity, but the fall lines are taking over the stores ladies. SO here's an idea. Add some black pieces in light weight materials to your summer wardrobe. You can pair them with bright neon colors or fun prints and still look summer fresh. Then when the temperature starts to drop, layer them with sweaters, tights and booties. BAM your wardrobe has just extended itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment