Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DIY Lace Case

Today I've decided to venture into the unknown and take on a DIY project for my blog. I've always kind of intended to have an all around style blog instead of just focusing on fashion so this might be the start of the move in that direction (wow, I just reread that sentence, how noncommittal can I be? Oh well, I'm leaving it). I've seen a ton of DIY iPhone cases so I decided to try one of my own. Since I'm on a fixed budget I used things I already had to make a pretty trendy and girly case for my phone, if I do say so myself.

What You'll Need:

1 Cheap cell phone case
1 Piece of lace
Modge Podge
Paintbrush



Directions:

Cut the lace to fit the back of the cell phone case. Make sure to choose a case in a color that you like because you're still going to see it. I cut my lace so that it left the corner of the case showing where the camera lens is, but if you want to cover the entire back go for it, just cut a hole in that space.



 I left a little bit of an edge around the case so that the lace could wrap around the side and stick better.
Next, cover the entire back of the case in modge podge. Make sure to get around the edges so that the lace sticks in place.

Let the modge podge dry completely, then use a toothpick to pull away any excess modge podge that may have dried in the crevices of the case. When your done it should look like this:


Here's me enjoying my sweet new case (made even sweeter because it cost me zero dollars!)


No comments:

Post a Comment