Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY: Dry Erase Calendar

Hiiiii everybody! So I'm back in NJ after a week of temping at what I'm hoping is going to be my first big girl job (!!!). It was a lot of fun working in the office but I was exhausted so I completely slacked on you. But don't worry, I'm back now so we can all take a deep breath and relax as we head into Martha Stewart territory.

This week I'm going to expand a little more on my DIY aspect of the blog. There are a couple projects I'm working on so as I finish the smaller ones I'm going to share them with you. I've seen today's idea all over Pinterest lately so I thought I'd give it a try. This DIY dry erase calendar is super cheap and easy to do. I went to home depot and picked out a bunch of paint chips that I wanted to use (I chose to fade my calendar in red and oranges so that it has an end of summer/fall feel). Then I hit the dollar store for some dry erase markers and a frame.



My frame is only an 8x10 because I want to keep it on my desk. I measured out five squares down and seven across and cut a corner out of each paint chip so that I had 35 little squares. Then I glued the squares down in rows on a white piece of paper (computer paper or even the back of the display picture in the frame will work) so that the colors would fade from dark to light. Then I popped the paper in the frame and I was done!

Unfortunately, the dollar store dry erase markers weren't great so the actual writing looks a little sloppy. I'm gonna head to Staples and pick up a couple better quality ones today. But I was happy with the way the calendar itself came out and with how easy the project was. Now I can look at my ever-growing schedule in pretty colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment