Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Style Tips: Traveling

travel in style


Yesterday my sister and I were talking vacation plans for the summer and I was inspired to do a couple posts on some outfit ideas for such an occasion. I've never been one to back lightly but usually it's necessary (especially if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg on baggage costs). In order to make sure you don't over pack you should always plan out your wardrobe for the length of your stay (be sure to add in what you may need for a change in weather). My first look will cover your trip from the very beginning - the actual traveling.

Whether your going to be sitting in a plane or a car for a long period of time you need to dress comfy. However, this doesn't mean you have to look like a slob. One of the most comfortable and automatically chic pieces a girl can wear is a maxi dress. They are simple, effortless and always look fashionable. Pair it with a cozy cardigan in case the air conditioning is set too high for your comfort and a hat to put on once you've awoken from your nap (car/plane seat hair is never a good look). Keep your jewelry simple, I usually go with just studs and a watch (so I can keep track of just how long it will be until I arrive at my destination). Sunglasses are an obvious must and make sure you have a big enough carry-on bag to hold the essentials (which you can do without sacrificing style). Make sure you pack a lip gloss and a little face powder so you can look refreshed and beautiful as soon as you step off the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment